We provide HVAC, HERS Ratings, REScheck, IECC Energy Code Compliance, and Rebate Program Support for developers, builders and owners of residential and light commercial properties.
If you’re building or remodeling a home you want your heating, cooling, and ventilation system(s) to perform well. This all starts with a good design. Here’s what you will get with a good HVAC design:
- You’ll get a new heating and cooling system that is sized properly.
- You’ll get a distribution system that delivers the right amount of conditioned air to each room.
- Your home will be comfortable and efficient. We perform detailed calculations to ensure this.
We use the protocols developed by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), in our HVAC design jobs. Here is a brief description of each one:
- We’ll figure out just how much heating & cooling your home needs using Manual J
- Equipment Selection – We’ll choose the right equipment for your project and your budget using Manual S.
- Distribution System Design – We’ll design the distribution system for your forced-air heating & cooling system to ensure each room is comfortable using Manual D.
If you’re ready to get your house built or remodeled the right way with a complete HVAC design please give us a call at (781)626-6184
Are you living in a Massachusetts town or city that requires a HERS Rating?
Do you need to comply with the new IECC 2015 Energy Code?
FTM Energy LLC, specializes in helping architects, developers, building contractors and home owners, identify the most affordable energy efficient solutions.
We are also certified to complete the verification process for the Mass Save Massachusetts Residential New Construction Program High Rise and Low Rise paths. Our goal is to help you receive the maximum rebates allowable within these programs.
How to get your drawings to us:
- US Mail
Our company will guide you through the steps of a HERS Rating. We work with all parties involved throughout the certification process. For additional information please call us at (781) 626.6184.
Our REScheck service will provide the necessary energy calculations and compliance documentation to make sure that you meet the Massachusetts building energy code requirements. We will guide you through the process from start to finish, and we guarantee that your REScheck certificate will be accepted by your city or town’s building inspectional services department.
If you are located outside of Massachusetts we gladly offer this service for any state municipality as well.
Below are three simple steps to initiate this service:
- Simply attach your drawings to your email and send them to our email address.
- We quickly provide you with a turnaround time and a quote for your approval.
- A PDF of your REScheck certificate will be emailed to you within the turnaround time agreed upon.
Call us today at (781) 626-6184 for a full energy review.
IECC Energy Code Compliance
As of January 1, 2017, the Massachusetts Energy Code has adopted stricter energy efficiency standards required for all new homes. The state base energy code transitioned from the 2012 International Energy Code (IECC) standards to the 2015 IECC with a few specific amendments for Massachusetts. In addition, the Massachusetts stretch energy code, which has been adopted by over 180 cities and towns made a huge leap from the 2009 IECC requirements to the 2015 IECC requirements.
This stringent new standard asks a lot of building professionals, and FTM Energy LLC is available to help make the transition as seamless as possible. FTM Energy has years of experience in high performance building and has performed over 400 HERS ratings. We are available to assist builders through IECC code consultations, and HERS services.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (781) 626-6184
Rebate Program Support
Mass Save Participation
The Massachusetts Residential New Construction Program Low-Rise Path promotes the construction of energy efficient homes in Massachusetts. Monetary incentives are available to Program participants who complete homes that meet all Program requirements.
Better energy efficiency and performance means lower energy and maintenance costs. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 15-30% less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
Is your project eligible? Residential new construction and total gut renovation projects, three stories or less, are eligible to participate if located within a Program Administrator’s service territory.
What determines incentive eligibility?
- Incentives are dependent on specific energy efficiency requirements, the home’s performance, and overall energy savings
- Overall energy savings are determined by electric savings + fuel savings (natural gas, propane, oil) + the home’s performance compared to the average new home in Massachusetts.
- Participants are eligible for LED light bulbs at no cost.
- All projects must be verified by an independent HERS Rating company